Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Altered birdcage

I recently purchased a birdcage home decor item on clearance at Michaels with the intention of decorating the inside and adding a photo.  I have been working on it for a few weeks now and when The Moxie Fab World announced the next challenge as being Fantanical about Botanical I realized this would be the perfect project for me to enter.  So I finished it up for the most part all it still needs is some text which I will add at a later date.
Here is the birdcage sitting on my shelf, I think it might need some ribbon and floral embellishment around the hook at the top, What do you think?
Here is a close up of the inside.
Isn't the fabric rose pretty?  I made that all by myself.  You can't see in the photo but I sprayed it with glimmer mist and it is so pretty in person.  I was playing around in photo shop and decided that I loved the worn paper photo effect.  My husband and I have been married for 15 years and this is one of the few pictures we have of just the two of us that we took this year on Easter.

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you think or if you have any suggestions on what I could add to it.  If you want to participate in the challenge click on the link above.

Jamie

5 comments:

Atticelf said...

Great project!

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

What a cute idea! I love crafting with bird cages too! I have altered one for storing ribbon in my craft room

Annette Allen said...

That is so cool and creative...

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - what a creative idea with the delightful bird cage transformation!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jamie! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)